For the purposes of this Atlas, we have split the world into Map Regions, most of which do not correspond with the in-game continents, regions, or areas. Whilst Europe and Africa are the same, America has been split into two maps (one of which contains part of Oceania). Asia and the rest of Oceania are split between three maps.
This is for the sole reason that it makes the maps more manageable. For each map region, we have included a map showing the Regions and Areas that are included in it. There will be a separate page for more maps in each region.
This map region covers all of the African continent. It contains the following Regions and Areas:
- Aden (the island of Socotra - the rest of Aden is in Asia)
- The Cape
- The Mascarenes
- Cape Verde
- St Helena
This map region covers Australia, New Zealand, the East Indies, and some parts of the Pacific. More specifically, it covers the following regions and areas:
Regions in Asia
Indochina (part of)
Indonesia (except Lucon)
Regions in Oceana
Pacific (except Hawaii)
This map region covers all of Europe, as defined by the game. Anatolia (modern day Turkey) is considered part of Europe. The Azores are inset. It contains the following regions and areas:
- Russia (includes one province that is surrounded by Finland)
HRE (note: the HRE region has different borders to the HRE)
- Denmark (includes Iceland)
- part of France (Savoie province)
- Iberia (includes Canary Islands and The Azores)
- Italy (includes Sicily, Sardinia, and Corsica)
- Mediterranean (covers all islands in the Med that aren't part of Italy)
- France (note: Savoie is in France, but in Southern Europe)
- Low Countries
Far East Edit
This map covers Indochina, China, Japan, and the modern day Philippines.
All of the provinces are in Asia. It contains the following regions and areas
Central Asia (most of this region is on the Middle East map)
- Kazakhstan (half of this area is on the Middle East map)
- Chengdu (part of this area is in the middle of Kazakhstan)
- Sha Anxi
India(most of this region is on the Middle East map)
- Bengal (area extends into Indochina)
Indochina (except Malaya, which is on the Australia map)
- Bengal (area extends into India)
Indonesia (most of this region is on the Australia map)
Siberia (Half of this region is on the Middle East map)
Middle East Edit
This map covers the Middle East and the Indian subcontinent.
All the provinces are in Asia. It contains the following regions and areas.
- Persia (half of this area is in the Middle East)
- Bengal (part of - area extends into Far East map)
- Aden (the island of Sumatra is in the continent of Africa)
- Persia (half of this area is in Central Asia)
Half of this region is on the Far East map.
North America Edit
This map covers North America and Central America. The Hawaii area of Oceania is inset.
This map contains the following regions and areas:
- Costa Rica (Costa Rica province is in South America region)
- Panama (One more province is in Panama, but in South America region & shown on the South America map)
- Grand Lacs
- Hudson Bay
- Costa Rica (Costa Rica province only)
Pacific This region is part of Oceania continent
South America Edit
This map covers South America.
This map covers the following regions and areas:
- Panama (two of the three Panama provinces are in Central America)
- La Plata
- Orenoque (island of Curacao is shown on the North America map)
- Panama (Cupica province only)